drag demons...


drag your demons
drag death out of me and sell it as drug, right back
despite...eyes, just wanting love and brilliant light, vibrant life
send me to sleep
then tongue the dirt from my grave after you bury me
continue...the haunt upon me

i loved time at the time i watched our clocks
now hands seem to stalk, walk, tease, taunt and work against me
left with only a hurried blur of dizzy numbers

whats in me now is a poisoned idea
one where I see you painfully 
through broken glass
hands held out...casting forward towards the each of us
the bloodied words of two faiths...unsure of another's language

dragging across the clash...leaving one hand on each side
left to bleed
where windows were once open
nothing to shut
scars rip down us
into nothing....closure has her grip on it

scooping soil soaked in victim's blood...whatever they were left with
the aftermath feeds your addiction
one of hurting and wandering through the dead lands
graveyards of the souls you've broken

if I were to walk again
I'd never step foot across the tears
my map has left its path....
the one you know of

Comments

Popular Posts