harrowing from her

i saw the sun sit within, an otherwise empty sky, unlit, yet forgiven.....rise....above and steep below....I seek salvation while trying to grow....

i watched ravens rant, taunt, twist and turn me......their rabid tale and crooked screams....they startle me, yet, a teacher, they've become....the deeper i dive the more i survive, discover, uncover and descend...but this brings life to..my.... horrors....blending blood and breaking bravery then deciding to drift in silence...silently off to sea.....

i felt forces from falling trees, break and buckle my knocking narrow knees....forever.....feeling far from free.....

ending moments are meaning more....because I feel like less....frailness from before this....

Skating on ice, which glares its glaze...a reflection of failures, fall-shorts, meager todays...folding a fabric for tomorrow's tease....

in the darkest of nights...underneath street lights...the shadows stalk hungry...

trees, sprout angry and gangly limbs, branches bare blackness and boast poetically, vacancy...in leaves, leaving the roost.....surely, and soon, a scratch will score...their sidewalks which balance and judge beneath my feet...this season will repeat.....

sometimes i wonder if they feel their own cold like I do...my thoughts, rhythms and patterns.....too....they...branch, agree, distrust and give in to..growing old....

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts